WE HAVE A WINNER!
We are proud to announce the winner of the Opening Contest! A big thank you to all of our entrants for helping lift 404 Words from the ground up and congratulations to the winner!
Close to 200 stories entered the contest, and the story below represents the favorite of our jury.
“The Darkness, the Distance, the Road, and the Owl” by Hadar Badt
We want to send a big thank you to everyone who participated in our contest and helped make it a success!
This is a series of 7 stories from this contest that were considered as possible winners or were particularly interesting to our judges. The order of these stories isn’t representative of their quality.
1. “Ring” by Jason Kennealy
2. “One Condition” by George Hutchings
3. “Repainting” by Zebulon Huset
4. “Capp-oat-ccino” by Alexander Barron
5. “Shibuya Sunset” by Véha Meursault
6. “Together” by Atonia Andall
7. “Amphibious Again” by Mark Barkawitz